Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 08-20-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
camaros_4life34

dual exhaust problem

I purchased a dynomax ultra flo x-pipe muffler for my 82 camaro due to old muffler packing blowing out of old mufflers that my father put on when he originally built the car 20 yrs ago but after 20 yrs youkinda got to expect that the problem im having is that he ran duals from header back that goes along side he passenger side of the car up over the axles then turns to drivers side into the mufflers and out on driver side rear (split side) i need split rear for this muffler to work i cant seem to find a set up that goes along side driver and passenger side or even along passenger side then split to driver side b4 axles into muffler and out split rear is this a custom set up i need to do or am i lookin in the wrong places ive looked at summit and jegs only thing i can think to do is call mendrel bends but i dont know the measurments or even know how to measure exhaust systems any suggestions would be helpful hope you understand what i wrote due to lack of punctuations thanx in advance
Old 08-20-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
//<86TA>\\
Power Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaros_4life34 View Post
I purchased a dynomax ultra flo x-pipe muffler for my 82 camaro due to old muffler packing blowing out of old mufflers that my father put on when he originally built the car 20 yrs ago but after 20 yrs youkinda got to expect that the problem im having is that he ran duals from header back that goes along side he passenger side of the car up over the axles then turns to drivers side into the mufflers and out on driver side rear (split side) i need split rear for this muffler to work i cant seem to find a set up that goes along side driver and passenger side or even along passenger side then split to driver side b4 axles into muffler and out split rear is this a custom set up i need to do or am i lookin in the wrong places ive looked at summit and jegs only thing i can think to do is call mendrel bends but i dont know the measurments or even know how to measure exhaust systems any suggestions would be helpful hope you understand what i wrote due to lack of punctuations thanx in advance
for craps sake, use punctuation!! Thats a disaster, my head hurts. I could help more if i could follow that better.

the only dual "kit" for a 3rd gen is made by dynomax? its 2.25 crimp bent crap. ASAIK, it follows the stock routing, but uses 2 mufflers. Whatever you have is custom and you will have to fad to fit yourself.

your better of going back to a single 3" stock style exhaust

Last edited by //<86TA>\\; 08-20-2011 at 12:26 PM.
//<86TA>\\ is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning