Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-24-2004, 04:41 PM   #1
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

pics of the carnage

foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 05:56 PM   #2
Fastbird

Shoot man, that looks ALL cosmetic. Let the insurance pay it off, buy back from the insurance company, fix, and have cash for a blower!!!

Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom Operator
Speed Density LT1 Forum -- 93 Service Manual DTC\'s and Diagnostic Charts
Fastbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 07:17 PM   #3
ArCoLoG2

Yeah but I don't know....Sometimes looks are deceiving, better to be SAFE about it than sorry, not to mention if the frame is messed up it will never ever be as good as new....If there is frame damage do the plan you had with stripping and pulling the motor, I'd never want a car back knowing the frame was tweaked....It's my life, I don't want to shorten it over a bent frame....If you can avoid iminent danger, avoid it, there is a reasons that insurance companies total cars for frame damage, one being the cost to fix, and second, if the car doesn't have the same structural integrities, it's their ass if someone gets hurt cause it's not fixed properly...

Just my 2 cents, good luck man, let us know if you going to pull the motor if it's totalled....We'd all love to practice pulling LS-1's
Strano Springs, Koni SA's
BMR: Q Arm relocation, Adj. Q Arm, boxed LCA, Adj. PHR.
Chrome C6Z06 DeepDish with Nitto NT05's
Future Mods: Dana S60, Tubular K-member/A-arms blah blah blah.
ArCoLoG2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 08:30 PM   #4
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbird
Shoot man, that looks ALL cosmetic. Let the insurance pay it off, buy back from the insurance company, fix, and have cash for a blower!!!
i was up at teh shop today. it is far more than cosmetic.
both left corners are severely screwed up. teh right front is bent all to **** too, but the fender is jammed in such a way that you can't really see if it is a bracket thing ot if that is all bent too. judging from how the headlight sits, it is unibody damage.
plus bill's car has the disadvantage of havign rather pricey factory paint, mystic teal.

hopefully it will work out, but it doesn't look tht good when you get up close to it.

later
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 10:17 PM   #5
Squirrel
13 Second Club

sorry bill, was just gettin home to upload and i got suckered into a game , lil late for work, but eh, **** happens 8)
93 TA, Bone stock, 13.8 @ 100 "Beating ****** drivers in ****** LS1's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/285090241699967/
R.I.P. Tia
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 10:32 AM   #6
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel
sorry bill, was just gettin home to upload and i got suckered into a game , lil late for work, but eh, **** happens 8)
np u work on west upper ferry dont ya? I went to see my dads new house last night and im like "that looks like eric's car" then my wife explained you were parked at a restaurant that doesnt at all resemble a restaurant to the naked eye
Old 08-25-2004, 11:59 AM   #7
twiztidz28

a damn deer caused that. the next deer i see im gonna tell him to watch his back and let his boys know that the f-bodys are out for them.

Chuck

Someone help me fix the rattles in my car Please.
twiztidz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 12:10 PM   #8
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foff667
Quote:
np u work on west upper ferry dont ya? I went to see my dads new house last night and im like "that looks like eric's car" then my wife explained you were parked at a restaurant that doesnt at all resemble a restaurant to the naked eye
Yea, he works at Paulie's on West Upper Ferry. Not so much a restaurant as a mob front, but hey, they do serve food there.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 12:12 PM   #9
Squirrel
13 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by foff667
Quote:
yup thats where i work, it is a house actually, the top 2 stories is where the owners live, and ground level is the restraunt, was built in the 18th century iirc
R.I.P. Tia
Old 08-28-2004, 12:12 PM   #10
Wasted Youth

thats really gay, im not around for a week and this happens....thats really ******, i wouldn't part it though, $3k in damage is nothing major at all....it is actually light damage....i could get a pic of the accident in my RX-7....and that was pulled and i drove it for a long time and never ever had a problem with it...and it was much worse then yours...i had to pull the frame straight and then cut and replace the front end from the crossmember forward....did it all myself...but i went to school for it....and i had it pulled somewhere for 1200 then did everything else at my house...frame was perfectly in spec....looked great...no1 could ever tell it was in an accident either which is the funny thing...every knew about it but couldn't tell...most thought i gave up and got a different car..

1980 Ducati Darmah 12:1 arias pistons, 88mm cylinders, 44mm intake 40mm exhaust valves, Imola cam, NCR race exhaust, 40mm intakes, 40mm dellorto carbs, etc

www.myspace.com/onesykgta
Wasted Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 10:54 AM   #11
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasted Youth
thats really gay, im not around for a week and this happens....thats really ******, i wouldn't part it though, $3k in damage is nothing major at all....it is actually light damage....i could get a pic of the accident in my RX-7....and that was pulled and i drove it for a long time and never ever had a problem with it...and it was much worse then yours...i had to pull the frame straight and then cut and replace the front end from the crossmember forward....did it all myself...but i went to school for it....and i had it pulled somewhere for 1200 then did everything else at my house...frame was perfectly in spec....looked great...no1 could ever tell it was in an accident either which is the funny thing...every knew about it but couldn't tell...most thought i gave up and got a different car..
you mustve misunderstood...it was $7k+ in damage...thats why they totalled the car.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:45 AM   #12
Wasted Youth

ehh thats borderline....not too terrible...id fix it....or find something to put the drivetrain in...i think finding something to put the drivetrain in is a better idea though....

1980 Ducati Darmah 12:1 arias pistons, 88mm cylinders, 44mm intake 40mm exhaust valves, Imola cam, NCR race exhaust, 40mm intakes, 40mm dellorto carbs, etc

www.myspace.com/onesykgta
Wasted Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 08:21 AM   #13
Squirrel
13 Second Club

Quote:
or find something to put the drivetrain in...i think finding something to put the drivetrain in is a better idea though....
R.I.P. Tia
Old 08-30-2004, 11:43 AM   #14
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
ehh thats borderline....not too terrible...id fix it....or find something to put the drivetrain in...i think finding something to put the drivetrain in is a better idea though....
hmm I'll think about it
Old 08-30-2004, 11:12 PM   #15
Mister_Johnny99

Dude, don't send her to the crusher over a little damage like that.
The estimate on my car was over $13k, but I fought them, and now it's back and good as new.
Find a quality shop with a good reputation and let them take their time.
That looks totaly fixable. If you saw how bad my car was, you wouldn't believe it.
Mister_Johnny99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 11:18 PM   #16
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Johnny99
Dude, don't send her to the crusher over a little damage like that.
The estimate on my car was over $13k, but I fought them, and now it's back and good as new.
Find a quality shop with a good reputation and let them take their time.
That looks totaly fixable. If you saw how bad my car was, you wouldn't believe it.
sorry I already sent it off, i took the $6 grand they offered me for the car, let them have everything and just ran with all that money

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge