Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: what should i do with the 1970 corvette body
restore it to what it once was.. BBC, auto, a/c, etc 4 66.67%
use the 70 body on the 79(with the 96 lt1 and 80 style nose) 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2004, 05:18 PM   #1
V
Stalker

just bought another vette...well a body at least...restore?

i just trailered home my newest addition to my family of vehicles, another C3 vette('70), but its mainly just the body shell. I was going to use the new body for my 79 which has bondo issues, but as i was driving home i changed my mind. I cant, in my right mind, stick the 70 body on a 79 frame with a 80 style nose, so... i've decided to build a completely seperate vette, basically restoring the 70. The car was originally a big block automatic car with a/c, not a base 350 stripped version. Now i gotta find a 70 frame and front clip, or maybe a parts car. tonight i'm lookign into what motor it came with, 427 or 454, either way, someday this car will be sweet(my 79 has been 6.5 years in the making so it'll be a few years for the 70). i put a poll so i coudl get an idea if everyone agress with me to restore it. oh yeah, it will not be all numbers matching and all that but it will be as correct as possible on a budget. doing #'s matching gets way to expensive on a vette and almost any car.

i got some more info on the car.. engine was a LS5, a 390hp 454(427 was only in 68/69) production numbers for 70 were 17,316 (6,648 convertibles, 10,668 coupes) and 4,473 had the 454 engine(LS5)
V is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge