Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 12:14 AM   #1
DrachenFire

Future body upgrades

I was deciding what I'll get on the body after I do my performance upgrades... I was hoping to get a nice Venice body kit on it, but I don't want crappy plastic or fiber glass on my car... The main thing I wanted to do was switch out all the metal panels and fenders and stuff and get a nice Venice Carbon Fiber kit and put in CF panels and a CF hood... So pretty much all CF on the outside since it would greatly decrease the weight of my Z28... Of course I would get a nice see-through coat of green since that's my favorite color and that's what it is now... I was just wondering where I would be able to get such stuff... I've seen a lot of rice with it but after hours of googling it, I found nothing for Camaro's besides hoods... Anyone have any ideas of what could be done? Of course this wouldn't be for another few years (hopefully not that long but 70% chance it will be) but I just want to know for future reference... Any help is greatly appreciated =D
Old 06-09-2007, 01:17 AM   #2
maroman88
12 Second Club

well the year of the Z28 you have would be helpfull, if its a 4th gen...there almost all plastic anyway.
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
Old 06-09-2007, 01:20 AM   #3
V
Stalker

you have metal rear 1/4 panels.. no one makes "replacements" if you want carbon fiber... buy a different car. You keep posting about drifting and all that junk. you are not meant to own an f body. i hate to break it to you but accept it.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:37 AM   #4
maroman88
12 Second Club

agreeeed again
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
Old 06-09-2007, 02:06 AM   #5
SamhainZ28

go buy a 240 and be done with it, either that or do some research, there are plenty of sites out there(including this one) that are completely dedicated to the f-body. theres no need to be ignorant about what you drive, camros/firebirds aren't good drift cars, unless you have A LOT of money to waste on suspension and fabrication.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:32 AM   #6
transmaro93

but they make good strip cars!!! heheh drifting is gay anyway... im sure there is someone out there that makes a full carbon fiber body for your car... its prob gonna cost you some major $$$ tho... and youll need to stiffen your chassis like WHOA seeing that the steel 1/4s and other parts add alot of structure to your car....id say when your all said and dont... if you pay someone to do the fabrication on the car you prob be in $30k deep maybe more...
Old 06-09-2007, 08:14 PM   #7
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

besides... there are other ways to go about weight reduction. start with the basics: AC, power steering, etc...
Old 06-10-2007, 09:35 AM   #8
chevylover5

dude, is your car a dailly driver? If it is than Id say that you should stick to a poly urethane kit, cause fiberglass and cb are both pricy and don't flex like poly does.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:14 AM   #9
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikz28 View Post
besides... there are other ways to go about weight reduction. start with the basics: AC, power steering, etc...
Agreed. There are plenty of other ways to reduce weight that don't involve throwing a ton of money at the car. You will not find carbon fiber body parts for most domestic cars because the market isn't there- nobody makes them. Companies like VFN, Harwood, etc. make quality fiberglass pieces that we use but some of them aren't street legal due to impact resistance.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:25 AM   #10
NightRydaSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrachenFire View Post
I was deciding what I'll get on the body after I do my performance upgrades... I was hoping to get a nice Venice body kit on it, but I don't want crappy plastic or fiber glass on my car... The main thing I wanted to do was switch out all the metal panels and fenders and stuff and get a nice Venice Carbon Fiber kit and put in CF panels and a CF hood... So pretty much all CF on the outside since it would greatly decrease the weight of my Z28... Of course I would get a nice see-through coat of green since that's my favorite color and that's what it is now... I was just wondering where I would be able to get such stuff... I've seen a lot of rice with it but after hours of googling it, I found nothing for Camaro's besides hoods... Anyone have any ideas of what could be done? Of course this wouldn't be for another few years (hopefully not that long but 70% chance it will be) but I just want to know for future reference... Any help is greatly appreciated =D
You can check eBay for carbon fiber panels for your car. I have found OEM Hoods, front fender's, rear hatches, spoilers, and even the back bumber bezel piece which says "camaro". But....unless you plan on getting it painted, it will look ricey. And by painted i mean a full coat, not that carbon fiber tint ***** that makes it look green, blue, ect. This way the car looks OEM but it lighter.

You need to be careful tho, unless you do body reinforcements you could twist it a little bit. Some of those parts keep the integrity of the shape of the car, u put parts in there that are lighter and "weaker" (even tho carbon fiber is pretty strong" and bump up the power of your car, your could crack and twist panels.

Most imports that are worked with carbon fiber have extensive body reinforcements (roll cages, strut bars, subframe connectors)

for a DD it aint worth it.

Eff Dr. Phil; my M6 SS is the only Therapist I need!

Light travels faster then sound; that is why some people appear to be smart until they speak - Unknown
Old 06-19-2007, 02:52 AM   #11
DrachenFire

1st off, any car is good for drifting... if you need proof that an f-body is good for drifting i can give you 10s of 100s of links... i never said i was going to try anything serious with it, i just wanted to learn the basics... 2nd, the title of the post is "FUTURE upgrades"... meaning i don't care about the price since i'll be SAVING MONEY for it... 3rd i was raised around Camaros being that the only guy that was like a dad to me who was there to raise me when i was younger only drove a Camaro... i wanted to get one because i love the car and it is also in memory of him because he passed away 3 days after my birthday in 2005... 4th... STOP FLAMING ME... you don't read over the stuff before you automatically jump to conclusions... 5th... thank you to the few people who helped instead of jumping on my rear...

Last edited by qwikz28; 06-19-2007 at 07:34 AM. Reason: cursing
Old 06-19-2007, 07:37 AM   #12
qwikz28

Social Networks:

ok ladies.... keep it clean and nice please. and please keep it pertanent only to the thread. thanks
Old 06-22-2007, 07:50 PM   #13
Mike
BadMod

you wont find any carbon fiber parts, its all on backorder and discontinued untill further notice...the good ole usa needs it for the war...

you can go ahead and order all those ebay parts if you want a FIBERGLASS panel with a thin layer of asthetc carbon fiber on top.

TRUE carbon fiber panels have to be laid on your car since each car will have different gaps and lines than every other car. and TRUE carbon fiber will cost THOUSANDS to re do your car in.

i was looking into buying large sheets of pre woven carbon fabric and the resin and making my own the way you do fiberglass......but when you do that it looks like a fiberglass panel, no cute little ricer weave to leave unpainted....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Old 06-23-2007, 10:06 PM   #14
DrachenFire

lol yeh i don't really think fiberglass would be so great since just a tap on a wall and your entire body is gone... lol i think i'll just go for the Venice body kit and do an entire body repaint as black with green ghost tribal on it...
Old 06-23-2007, 10:13 PM   #15
j0n

save your car and sell it...get some pos jap crap do to your mad tyte body upgrades and drifting yo
Old 06-24-2007, 11:38 AM   #16
Ellinikos

Poly all the way. Fiber glass is way to expensive and i live in the city. I no by first hand, your car will b hit, whether in a little fender bender or a dumb driver parallel parking crushing into ur car. For a DD, poly all the way...
If your goin save up that kind of money, my best advise would be to buy a z06. Then all problems would be solved. Or you can buy something sweeter, this meets all your drifting needs

Last edited by Ellinikos; 06-24-2007 at 11:40 AM.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:07 PM   #17
Mike
BadMod

http://www.audioonwheels.com/Templat...ubFolderId=617

thats the venice kit hes talking about. bro please dont put that on a camaro

Quote:
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.

Last edited by Mike; 06-29-2007 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:35 AM   #18
NightRydaSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellinikos View Post
Poly all the way. Fiber glass is way to expensive and i live in the city. I no by first hand, your car will b hit, whether in a little fender bender or a dumb driver parallel parking crushing into ur car. For a DD, poly all the way...
If your goin save up that kind of money, my best advise would be to buy a z06. Then all problems would be solved. Or you can buy something sweeter, this meets all your drifting needs

i want that!

Light travels faster then sound; that is why some people appear to be smart until they speak - Unknown
Old 06-30-2007, 07:42 AM   #19
NightRydaSS

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
http://www.audioonwheels.com/Templat...ubFolderId=617

thats the venice kit hes talking about. bro please dont put that on a camaro
, he can always put 2 carbon fiber tipped "fart cans" on it, put "enough NOS to blow himself up" (that's all Edwin knows anyways), and carbon fiber stick on air vents on the hood and sides.

The ONLY bodykit that should be on a Camaro is the Ultra-Z one that Chevy put on the RS model (which is just a lip kit).

Old 06-30-2007, 07:45 AM   #20
qwikz28

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRydaSS View Post
, he can always put 2 carbon fiber tipped "fart cans" on it, put "enough NOS to blow himself up" (that's all Edwin knows anyways), and carbon fiber stick on air vents on the hood and sides.

The ONLY bodykit that should be on a Camaro is the Ultra-Z one that Chevy put on the RS model (which is just a lip kit).
personally i like this kit: (rksport)
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com.../photo_08.html

the whole site can be found here:
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...amaro_feature/
Old 06-30-2007, 08:27 AM   #21
NightRydaSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikz28 View Post
personally i like this kit: (rksport)
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com.../photo_08.html

the whole site can be found here:
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...amaro_feature/
that be the one

Old 07-01-2007, 06:55 AM   #22
DrachenFire

hell i just want a body kit to make it seem lower and give it a sleeker style... i've always been a fan of the batman car since i was little and that's why i LIKED the venice kit... the front bumper is way too gaudy though... and i would never get that kind of wing they have on it... i was thinking more like this for a front bumper
and then the sniper side skirts
and sniper rear bumper

oh and i would cover up that ugly hole in the front bumper with tight metal mesh...

edit: That front bumper was pretty gay... it was photoshopped in and still looked horrible

Last edited by DrachenFire; 07-01-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:29 PM   #23
Knipps

pic 2 looks like an eclipse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:34 PM   #24
DrachenFire

ew those cars suck... and from the angle that picture was taken and the rims they chose that's true... but only thing i want from that is those small side skirts
Old 07-01-2007, 05:46 PM   #25
Mike
BadMod

the best looking bumpers on camaros and firebirds are the ones available from gm.....any others are disgusting and if you want them you should sell the car and buy somthing else

Quote:
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance