Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Vehicles

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 06:32 PM   #1
87Fbird

87 Firebird track car

I have a 1987 Firebird drag car. It still has the stock carbureted 305 with headers and a y-pipe. The y-pipe is so new it didn’t come in the mail yet. The motor is bone stock and untouched and runs great. The only thing different is the carb and HEI distributor. I changed them because I got rid of the computer. I replaced the manual 5-speed with a turbo 350 that was rebuilt two years ago. I put a B&M shift kit in it, B&M ratchet shifter and a remote trans cooler so it’s still pretty much new. The rear has a new 4.10 gear set, gov lock posi unit, rear support cover and factory drum brakes. It works great and only has three runs on the gear set. The car already had sub-frame connectors when I got it. They look homemade but they work. It’s a stiff car. The rear suspension has been refurbished and put back together with new poly bushings. The front hasn’t had much work done because there’s really nothing wrong with it. The body is in good shape for its age. It has a fiberglass hood from Glasstech with a 4” cowl. The only rust on the body is on the floor pans and bottoms of the doors. No bad cancer. It’s stripped as you can see in the pictures for weight purposes. It has no mirrors, headlights, heater, ac, power steering, windshield wipers or motors, exhaust, computer, interior or title. It’s strictly a drag car. I only ran the car once this past summer to see what the new rear gear would do and it ran a 14.04 which is three tenths better than my old best ET. It is very consistent. I only lost because I red lit. I left the motor stock because I had intentions of putting something bigger in the car. But due to time and money I kept the 305 in it and built the car to be faster instead of the motor. The Draglites, tach, distributor, and manual steering box are not for sale (they’re not mine). I’ll sell the whole car for $1800. I really don’t want to sell parts off the car but if you got the cash we can work something out.
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/k...wife/Firebird/
Old 11-12-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
FoodStampsz

If you decide to part it out id be interested in the hood
Old 11-12-2010, 08:49 PM   #3
87Fbird

$250 for the hood
Old 11-15-2010, 10:28 AM   #4
FoodStampsz

Pm sent
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Vehicles